NaBloPoMo 2011

Photobucket

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Frabjous Day!

Lessons last weekend consisted mostly of evaluating students for placement into the USFS Basic Skills program. In the adult group lesson, I was first to be evaluated.

Things went really well at first. Until Coach M, asked me to do an forward inside three turn. I had been working on these, but had not been able to get them yet. I didn't want to give up and just not try, so I decided to just go for it.

And..... it was perfect! I have no idea how I did it, but I did!

So while I was warming up for my private lesson, I tried to do it again and couldn't. It was very frustrating.
I told Private Coach, about my miracle and the subsequent defeat, she suggested I try it again. I went for it and ..... It was perfect!


Right now about 3 out of every 5 of my inside 3 turns is good, they will only get better.

Since I was high on confidence, Private coach suggested trying bunny hops again. I've been struggling with a mental block on bunny hops for a while now. Magically, I did it! It didn't have much height, nor was it graceful, but both feet did leave the ice!

I am so happy! To celebrate this I blinged out my blades.


No comments:

Post a Comment